CTI at a Glance
Fall 2021 update
The data presented here are from August 1, 2020 – July 31, 2021
To support teaching needs over the 2020-21 academic year across all teaching modalities. CTI developed and led a wide range of workshops on teaching strategies and learning technologies. These included workshops open to all instructors as well as department specific programming.
In addition to our regular support consultations and drop-in sessions, we continued our commitment to building an inclusive teaching environment at Cornell. Our offerings centered around Teaching & Learning in the Diverse Classroom, held in June and attended by 116 participants. To deepen the discussions through additional opportunities to engage with other course participants around the course material, we also facilitated learning communities on inclusive teaching for faculty as well as grad students & postdocs.
- We developed and facilitated 117 workshops and department meetings (many of these were also recorded so those unable to attend could use them as references)
- 2157 faculty and staff participated in CTI workshops and department meetings
- 95% of all 2020-2021 survey respondents indicated that their CTI workshop participation was a good use of their time.
- 100% of all Spring 2021 survey respondents indicated that their CTI workshop participation was a good use of their time
- 93% of all survey respondents indicated that their Summer/Fall 2020 CTI workshop participation was a good use of their time
Graduate student & postdoc programming
To accommodate the remote context in which in-person institutes were not possible, we combined our teaching workshops for graduate students & postdocs into thematic institutes.
Over 300 graduate students & postdocs attended CTI workshops & institutes in 2020-2021
Faculty support consultations
As we were unable to consult with instructors on campus, we offered online drop-in sessions, as well as other remote services and resources
- 976 faculty joined live Zoom sessions for support on questions related to instructional design, teaching, and learning technologies
- CTI Instructional designers resolved 9722 teaching support requests this year
Online teaching support resources
- 157,132 page views in the CTI Learning Technologies Resource Library
- Over 1 million page views of the CTI website
Top 5 CTI webpages viewed
- Collaborative Learning
- Problem-Based Learning
- Measuring Student
- Examples of Collaborative Learning or Group Work Activities
- Peer Assessment