Faculty learning community for inclusive teaching
What is the faculty learning community for inclusive teaching?
This is a five-week online peer-to-peer discussion program that runs concurrently with the asynchronous Teaching & Learning in the Diverse Classroom course. Forming an interdisciplinary cohort, faculty meet weekly via Zoom to explore course-related topics and strategies, focused on how to create and sustain inclusive learning environments.
Who may register?
Any instructors who teach credit-bearing, semester-length courses at Cornell may apply. Faculty from all disciplines are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- The learning community program will run June 1 - 29, 2022, with meetings Wednesdays from 1:00 - 2:20 p.m. EDT
- Time commitment: 6 ½ hours of virtual, synchronous meeting time, plus course time (approximately 15-20 hours over 5 weeks) = total time commitment of 15-17 hours over 5 weeks
- Register for the Faculty learning community for inclusive teaching
- Articulate your inclusion-related teaching and learning values
- Engage in reflection with others to explore diversity and teaching topics
- Discuss diversity and inclusion, anchored in a process of reflection and ongoing learning
- Develop a strategy for talking more confidently about diversity and inclusion