Faculty learning community for inclusive teaching
What is the Faculty Learning Community for Inclusive Teaching?
This is a six-week online peer-to-peer discussion program that runs concurrently with the asynchronous Teaching & Learning in the Diverse Classroom course. Forming an interdisciplinary cohort, faculty meet weekly via Zoom to explore course-related topics and strategies, focused on how to create and sustain inclusive learning environments.
Who may apply?
Any instructors who teach credit-bearing, semester-length courses at Cornell may apply. Faculty from all disciplines are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- The learning community program ran June 2- July 7, 2021, with meetings Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. EDT
- Time commitment: 6 hours of virtual, synchronous meeting time, plus course (approximately 15-20 hours over 6 weeks)
- Registration for the Faculty Learning Community for Inclusive Teaching is now closed. We look forward to seeing you at the next session
- Create a plan to support teaching inclusively
- Explain the salience of social identities in teaching and learning
- Modify strategies for discipline-specific applications