Track A: Guided Online Course Support
To help you create engaging, student-centered courses for Fall 2020 to fit your specific hybrid or online teaching scenario, we have prepared a series of online workshops to guide you in developing your courses. The workshops will run as a two-week series that will repeat 4 times during the summer (see the schedule of all workshop dates). Taken in sequence, these 75-minute workshops will lead you through essential considerations for planning, preparing, and teaching a hybrid or online course. Each workshop offers the opportunity to work on your course with assistance and feedback from our instructional designers, and seek more help through individual consultations.
- Please register here if you are interested in the guided support workshops (each workshop has a registration link below the description).
- The additional resources in the side navigation menu complement the workshops. Please also feel free to contact us through our online drop-in hours for help with specific questions about your teaching context
- You are invited to join any or all workshops of interest to you. You do not need to follow an entire 2-week series. We are offering them multiple times to accommodate summer schedules
- Learn more about the guided course support workshops below, and check the calendar to find a time that works with your schedule
- In addition to the workshops below, we offer a training workshop on using the Ally accessibility checker tool for your online course materials
|Workshop (click the workshop title for a description, registration link, and recording)||Upcoming Dates|
|Planning for Fall 2020||August|
|Best Practices for Online Learning: Lessons from Spring 2020||August|
|Assessing Learning Online||August|
|Making Course Materials Accessible||August|
|Planning for Inclusion in Online Learning||August|
|Building Community in Online Spaces||August|
|Active Learning in Online Spaces||August|
|Ally Accessibility Checker Training for Faculty||August Ally workshops|