Workshops & Webinars
Below you will find all the workshops and webinars the CTI has produced on strategies and resources for both in-person teaching with remote students and online teaching. Also, we include workshops on Canvas & Ally, as well as other tools such as Poll Everywhere.
Select from the categories below to explore the related workshops and recordings. Click on a workshop title to display its description, scheduling, registration links, and any recordings (where available).
- In-Person Teaching with Remote Students: Planning, preparing & teaching in-person courses with remote access for students unable to attend
- Online Teaching: Planning, preparing & teaching online courses
- Teaching Tools: Canvas, Poll Everywhere, & Ally
- Pilot Technology Workshop Series: FeedbackFruits & Hypothes.is technology pilot programs
- Introductory Webinars on Remote Teaching: A series of workshops designed to introduce instructors to a range of tools and considerations for teaching remotely
- Graduate Student Online Teaching Workshops: a series of workshops to support graduate students & postdocs in teaching online
- Staff & Course Administrator Webinars: These webinars are designed to help course support staff get started with key considerations for online courses
In-Person Teaching with Remote Students
These workshops have been designed to help you create engaging, student-centered courses for Fall 2020 to fit your specific in-person teaching scenario. Taken in sequence, these 75-minute workshops will lead you through essential considerations for planning, preparing, and teaching an in-person course with access for remote students.
- In-Person Teaching with Remote Students Part A
- In-Person Teaching with Remote Students: Part B
- Assessing Learning in In-Person Classes with Remote Students
To help you create engaging, student-centered courses for Fall 2020 to fit your specific online teaching scenario, we have prepared a series of online workshops to guide you in developing your courses.
- Planning for Fall 2020
- Best Practices in Online Learning: Lessons from Spring 2020
- Assessing Learning Online
- Making Course Materials Accessible
- Planning for Inclusion in Online Learning
- Building Community in Online Spaces
- Active Learning in Online Spaces
These hands-on workshops provide training in using a specific tool (Canvas, Poll Everywhere, or Ally) with a special focus on using them to create engaging, student-centered course content.
Pilot Technology Workshop Series
The Center for Teaching Innovation is piloting FeedbackFruits and Hypothes.is through through Fall 2020, and we welcome instructors interested in facilitating peer interaction in online spaces to join these workshops to learn more about the pilot technologies.
Introductory Webinars on Remote Teaching
We created a series of webinars to assist with the transition from face-to-face to online teaching as effectively as possible.
- Strategies for Moving Online
- Getting Started in Canvas
- Using Zoom for Teaching Online
- Using Panopto for Creating & Sharing Video Online
- Polling for Online Classes
- Designing Remote Assessment
- Inclusion, Accessibility, & Accommodations in Online Learning
Graduate Student Online Teaching Workshops
To provide graduate teaching assistants and postdoctoral fellows with additional support for online teaching, the Center for Teaching Innovation has designed a series of three online workshops on adapting teaching strategies to the learning settings we all will face during the upcoming Fall 2020 semester.
- Leading Effective Discussions Online with Zoom
- How do You Build Community in Online Classes?
- Supporting the Emotional Well-Being of Our Students, 2020 Edition
Staff & Course Administrator Webinars
These webinars are designed to help train course administrators and faculty who will be responsible for Canvas course development or ensuring the accessibility of online content.