Professional Development Grants Program
The Center invites the Cornell lecturer teaching community to propose projects that enhance teaching and learning.
Eligibility & Requirements
All lecturers and senior lecturers with continuing teaching appointments at Cornell are invited to submit proposals. Grant project requirements include:
- The principal faculty member(s) will be expected to participate throughout the project, although development and teaching may also involve students, postdoctoral fellows, and others.
- Grant projects must be conducted over the duration of the semester that the grant is awarded.
- The principal faculty member(s) will share the results of their grant projects through a Center-sponsored instructor seminar at the completion of the project.
Funding & Support
A limited number of grants of up to $1500 are available each academic year. Applicants are encouraged to seek preliminary feedback from the Center on your application before submission.
Proposals will be selected based on the ability to meet one or more of the following:
- Potential to improve learning for a substantial number of students.
- Clear identification of student learning outcomes and their assessment.
- Effective use of evidence-based teaching methods.
- Potential to have a strategic impact on teaching in a department.
Applications are reviewed, and decisions made, on a rolling basis.
Step 1: Fill Out Professional Development Grants Application
You will be asked to include the following information:
- Instructor(s) name, department(s), and contact information.
- Project title and abstract.
- An overview of the project idea.
- Intended outcomes you hope to achieve.
- An explanation of the teaching/learning activities to be used to achieve these outcomes.
- A description of how the project will be assessed.
- A projected budget.
- A letter of support from the department or program chair.
Step 2: Consultation with Center Staff (optional)
If you would like a preliminary reading of your application or assistance in developing your proposal, contact us at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Step 3: Final Application
Submit the completed application and letter of support to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the application process should be addressed to email@example.com.