Getting Started with Access to Blackboard for Non-Cornell Users
People who do not have a Cornell NetID or a Cornell Weill ID account will need to obtain a Cornell Guest account if they need access to Blackboard. Instructors should contact the Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a link to the Guest account request form which they would forward to users who require access to their Blackboard course.
Please note that Ithaca College and Wells College students taking courses at Cornell should be issued a Cornell ID card and should request a Cornell NetID instead.
Steps required by users to obtain an account:
- Users submitting a request must provide a reason for requesting an account. This may be for a specific course, workshop, or by permission of a Cornell course instructor.
- Upon submitting the form, users will receive a verification email. Users must click on the link in the email to verify their email address.
- Once the email address is verified, the request goes to Blackboard system administrators for approval. Approvals will be processed within two business days.
- Upon account approval, users will receive a confirmation email that includes their Blackboard username and a link to set their account password.
- After the password has been set, login to Blackboard. The user will not yet be enrolled in any courses. The course instructor will need to enroll the user in the applicable course.