Learning Community on Inclusive Teaching for Graduate Students & Postdocs
What is the Learning Community on Inclusive Teaching?
This is a six-week online program that runs concurrently with the asynchronous Teaching & Learning in the Diverse Classroom course. Participants meet weekly via Zoom to discuss how to create and sustain inclusive learning environments. Identify practical, evidence-based strategies appropriate for your discipline and future teaching plans.
Who may apply?
Graduate students and postdocs at Cornell.
- Dates: June 3 - July 8, 2021
- Meeting times: Thursdays, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. EDT
- Time commitment: Approximately 15-20 hours (6 hours of virtual meeting time, plus course)
- Apply for the learning community here
- You must be enrolled concurrently in the asynchronous online course, Teaching & Learning in the Diverse Classroom.
At the conclusion of this program, you will be able to:
- explain why social identities are salient in teaching and learning
- identify learning strategies that foster inclusion