Online Teaching Portfolio Institute
While the CTI is working remotely, the Teaching Portfolio Institute is being held online.
Graduate students and postdocs at Cornell, how do you document and showcase your teaching and professional experiences? By participating in this online Institute, you will have the opportunity to reflect on and synthesize your development as an educator.
What is the Online Teaching Portfolio Institute?
This Institute will introduce you to the structure and content of a typical teaching portfolio and will provide opportunities for you to start developing two of the critical components of a portfolio, the Teaching Philosophy and Diversity Statements. You will leave the Institute with a better understanding of how a teaching portfolio is developed, how it is evaluated by hiring committees, and the necessary tools to write and refine its component parts.
Who can attend?
All graduate students and postdocs at Cornell
When is the Online Institute?
Date: The Spring 2021 Institute will be offered as a series of 4 online workshops
- March 16, 2021: Teaching Philosophy
- March 23, 2021: Diversity Statement
- March 30, 2021: Structuring a Teaching Portfolio
- April 6, 2021: Peer Review Session
As a result of attending the Institute, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the components and purpose of a teaching portfolio
- Create a draft of a teaching philosophy statement
- Articulate important components of a diversity statement
- Evaluate the online presentation of portfolio materials
Application & Deadline
Please check back for registration information.
If you have any questions, please contact Derina Samuel at the Center for Teaching Innovation.