Workshop: Getting Started in Canvas
Explore ways to use Canvas to facilitate student learning. This workshop will address how to create and share announcements, post a syllabus, add and organize content in ways that help students succeed, and publish your course.
This workshop is intended for instructors & graduate TAs who are new to using Canvas at Cornell. The workshop introduces users to the platform and ways to use as an integral part of engaging, student-centered courses.
Dates & Times
To register, click the session you would like to attend. Registered participants will receive the Zoom link by email.
- Friday January 29, 2021, 10:00 - 11:00 am
- Friday February 5, 2021, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
You can also watch individual segments of the workshop recording:
Navigate the Canvas Platform
Consider Course Structure
- Learning Outcomes, Student Situational factors, Activities (synchronous & asynchronous) (length: 2:49)
Design Student Experience
- Considerations (length: 1:19)
- Homepage (length: 8:50)
- Syllabus (length: 4:06)
- Modules (length: 4:49)
- Ally Accessibility Tool (length: 2:24)