Workshop: Delivering and Grading Assignments with Gradescope
Learn how instructors use Gradescope. The workshop will offer guidance on how to deliver and grade assessments remotely and in-person. We will outline various assessment options to meet your immediate needs, including:
- Fully online assignments, no paper required
- Existing paper-based assignments
- Combining online and paper-based approaches
We will also cover the grading and rubric-building workflow on Gradescope and walk attendees through the instructor interface for creating assignments and the student view for submitting assignments and viewing feedback.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Grade your existing exams and homework on Gradescope
- Make rubric changes as you grade - changes apply to previously graded work to maintain consistency
- Write each comment only once - apply previously used comments with a click
- Create better rubrics to increase student learning
- Use ‘assignment analytics’ to gain insight into student learning
This workshop is for Cornell instructors who have experience with Gradescope and are looking to enhance their knowledge of this tool.
*Instructors are welcome to invite their TAs and grading staff.
Dates & Times
The workshop be held on:
- Tuesday, January 26, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 3, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Register to reserve your seat.
** We will share a recording of the session with all registrants. So please feel free to register even if you can't make it to the live session.