Quick-Start Guides for Remote Teaching
The following downloadable guides can help you get started rapidly with remote teaching.
Before You Get Started
To prepare for remote teaching, we recommend these steps to make sure you have all the tools you need.
- Check your remote computer setup to make sure you have everything you need to work remotely.
- Activate Zoom for Remote Teaching: If you have already hosted a Zoom meeting, you will not need to do this
- If you have not used Canvas before, visit Getting started with Canvas for an overview of how to set it up and a brief orientation.
Remote Teaching Tools
Three of the primary video tools Cornell supports for teaching online are Zoom, Kaltura, & Panopto. The guides below will help you get started using each one.
- Zoom Guide: Zoom can be used for synchronous remote teaching activities
- Kaltura Guide: Kaltura is a platform for sharing video resources with your students
- Panopto Guide: Panopto is a powerful tool for recording lectures