Workshop: Getting started in Canvas
Explore ways to use Canvas to facilitate student learning. This workshop will address how to create and share announcements, post a syllabus, add and organize content in ways that help students succeed, and publish your course.
This workshop is intended for instructors & graduate TAs who are new to using Canvas at Cornell. The workshop introduces users to the platform and ways to use it as an integral part of engaging, student-centered courses.
Dates & times
- Wednesday January 12, 2022, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. (online via Zoom)
- Thursday January 20, 2022, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. (in person)
Please check back soon for registration details.
You can also watch individual segments of the workshop recording:
Navigate the Canvas platform
Consider course structure
- Learning Outcomes, Student Situational factors, Activities (synchronous & asynchronous) (length: 2:49)
Design student experience
- Considerations (length: 1:19)
- Homepage (length: 8:50)
- Syllabus (length: 4:06)
- Modules (length: 4:49)
- Ally Accessibility Tool (length: 2:24)