Workshop: Getting started in Canvas
Explore ways to use Canvas to facilitate student learning. This workshop will address how to create and share announcements, post a syllabus, add and organize content in ways that help students succeed, and publish your course.
This workshop is intended for instructors & graduate TAs who are new to using Canvas at Cornell. The workshop introduces users to the platform and ways to use it as an integral part of engaging, student-centered courses.
To register, click the date and time at which you wish to attend. The workshop on January 11, 2023, will be offered online via Zoom.
Dates & times
- Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 10:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. on Zoom.
- Thursday, January 19, 2023, 2:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. in G27 Stimson.
You can also watch individual segments of the workshop recording:
Navigate the Canvas platform
Consider course structure
- Learning Outcomes, Student Situational factors, Activities (synchronous & asynchronous) (length: 2:49)
Design student experience
- Considerations (length: 1:19)
- Homepage (length: 8:50)
- Syllabus (length: 4:06)
- Modules (length: 4:49)
- Ally Accessibility Tool (length: 2:24)