CTI Graduate Teaching Fellowship
The Center for Teaching Innovation Graduate Teaching Fellowship provides graduate students with an opportunity to design and implement teaching programs, events, and resources that foster teaching excellence and innovation. Participants in the program develop leadership, mentorship, and interdisciplinary collaborative skills. Through programming developed by the CTI, the Fellows will have the opportunity to reflect on and refine their teaching skills, enhance their communication skills, and foster teaching networks across the university.
Eligibility & Requirements
Graduate students who are currently enrolled and making satisfactory progress toward their degree, and who have at least two semesters of teaching experience at Cornell, are invited to apply. Applicants will also need to obtain departmental approval. During the one-year program, participants will be expected to complete the following:
- Attend CTI Fellow Training in August and January.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate two GET SET Workshops.
- Develop and coordinate one conference with a team of CTI Fellows.
- Provide consultation/classroom observations for TAs.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements fellows will receive a Certificate of Completion and a $1000 award.
Applications are due by Monday April 26, 2021
Step 1: Fill Out Application
You will be asked to include the following information:
- Completed application form, including the documents below.
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Letter of interest.
- Teaching philosophy statement (no more than 500 words, or 1 to 1.5 double-spaced pages). If you need guidance on how to prepare your teaching philosophy statement, see the following resources from the University of Michigan and Vanderbilt University.
- Letter of support from advisor/department chair (email to email@example.com - use the subject line: Grad Teaching Fellowship Recommendation - [student name]).
Questions about the application process should be addressed to Derina Samuel (firstname.lastname@example.org).