CTI Graduate Teaching Fellowship
NOTE: The 2018-2019 CTI Graduate Teaching Fellowship awards have been made. Check back in the Spring of 2019 for information on the next round of fellowships.
The CTI Graduate Teaching Fellowship provides graduate students with an opportunity to design and implement teaching programs, events, and resources that foster teaching excellence and innovation. Participants will develop leadership and mentorship skills, reflect on and refine their teaching skills, enhance their communication skills, and foster collaborative, interdisciplinary teaching networks across the university.
Eligibility & Requirements
Graduate students who are currently enrolled and making satisfactory progress toward their degree, and who have at least two semesters of teaching experience at Cornell, are invited to apply. Applicants will also need to obtain departmental approval. During the one-year program, participants will be expected to complete the following:
- Attend bi-weekly fellow seminars.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate two GET SET Workshops.
- Facilitate one Teaching Excellence Program (TEP) session.
- Attend GET SET training workshops.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements fellows will receive a Certificate of Completion and a $1000 award.
The 2018-2019 CTI Graduate Teaching Fellowship awards have been made. Check back in the Spring of 2019 for information on the next round of fellowships.
Step 1: Fill Out Application
You will be asked to include the following information to Derina Samuel (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Completed application form (link will be provided).
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Letter of interest.
- Letter of support from advisor/department chairs (submitted separately).
- Teaching philosophy statement (no more than 500 words).
Step 2: Final Application
Finalists will be asked to provide the following:
- A professional-looking headshot photograph (to be included on the website).
- A brief biography (to be included on the website).
- International students must also submit a completed Foreign National Questionnaire (for required taxation purposes related to the award).
Questions about the application process should be addressed to Derina Samuel (email@example.com).