Faculty Micro Grants Program
Faculty Micro Grants, funded via the Center for Teaching Innovation (CTI), are designed to support course improvement efforts by Cornell faculty. The goal of this program is to ease the implementation of small scale, immediate enhancements that improve the learning experience of students at the course-level.
The amount requested may range from $100.00 to $1,500.00. Grant applications are reviewed and awarded on a rolling basis, as funds permit. Projects are generally expected to be completed within the semester to one academic year of the award.
Applicant must be an Assistant, Associate or Full Professor employed by Cornell University in any Cornell Department or School.
Applicants are asked to address the following five components:
- Abstract – Brief summary of proposed project. (Up to 75 words).
- Project Proposal – Describe your plan and how you anticipate this change will improve the student learning experience? (Up to 250 words).
- Measures of Success – Provide an overview of how you will assess the impact of this change.
- Inclusive Course Design – Provide detail on how the proposed project will advance the tenets of creating and sustaining an inclusive learning environment.
- Budget – Please note the total funds requested, expense categories, and short explanation. If applicable, please also identify matching funds (category, amount, and source). All expenses must follow university guidelines. Find more information about the budget and allowable expenses.
If you would like a preliminary reading of your application or assistance in developing your proposal, contact the Center at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
A brief summary is requested at the project's conclusion. This might be a concise written report, multimedia presentation, or poster. It should indicate how the work has impacted teaching and learning, and how others may benefit from and advance the work. Projects awarded funding will be posted publicly on CTI’s website and may be presented to the Cornell community at CTI events.
Contact Diane Sempler at firstname.lastname@example.org.