Course Design Institute
What is the Course Design Institute?
The Course Design Institute (CDI) is a two-day institute of working sessions and guided discussions led by CTI staff that focuses on course design, promoting student engagement and active learning, evaluating student learning, and syllabus design.
Topics covered in the institute include the following:
- introduction to backwards course design: A learner-centered approach
- strategies that support student learning
- assessing student learning
- constructing a syllabus
Full participation in the institute comes with a $500 stipend for faculty.
Who can attend?
The institute is open to 15 Cornell faculty. All disciplines are welcome and encouraged to participate.
When is the Course Design Institute?
Dates: Upcoming dates to be announced
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (breakfast available at 8:30 a.m.)
- describe key dimensions of backward, learner-centered course design
- construct and evaluate learning outcomes for your course
- determine approaches to assess student learning in your course
- identify active learning strategies appropriate for the learning outcomes based on research about how people learn
- align assessments, active learning strategies, and learning outcomes for your course
- outline the considerations and components of a learner-centered syllabus
Application Process & Deadline
Please check back soon for registration.