Cornelia Ye Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
The Cornelia Ye Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award honors two outstanding teaching assistants (TAs) who have clearly demonstrated dedication and excellence in their teaching responsibilities.
Eligibility & Requirements
Both domestic and international TAs are encouraged to apply. Applicants must:
- Have received excellent teaching evaluations.
- Have a minimum of two semesters of TA experience at Cornell.
- Be currently enrolled on a full-time basis.
Recipients receive a $500 award in recognition of their exceptional achievements in teaching.
Applications are reviewed, and decisions made, once an academic year. Upcoming dates for the 2018-2019 year will be forthcoming.
Applications due: Friday, February 22. Cornelia Ye awardees will be notified by Monday, March 25.
Step 1: Fill Out Application Packet
Please include the following information:
- Cover letter that highlights teaching experiences at Cornell (not to exceed one page).
- A summary sheet listing course number, title, level, and enrollments taught in the last three years; details of associated responsibilities (teaching, grading, course development, review sessions, office hours, etc.), and overall averages of evaluations/open-ended comment synopsis (not to exceed three pages).
- Teaching CV that highlights teaching experiences, teaching awards, and related professional development experiences (not to exceed two pages).
- Teaching philosophy statement (not to exceed one page).
- A letter of recommendation completed by a faculty member of record for a course taught (not to exceed one page).
- Letter(s) of support from former student(s). (Limit of two letters, not to exceed one page each).
Step 2: Final Application
Submit the completed application as a single PDF document no more than 10 pages in length.
Faculty/student letters of recommendation/support may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the application process should be addressed to email@example.com.