Cornelia Ye Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
The Cornelia Ye Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award honors two outstanding teaching assistants (TAs) who have clearly demonstrated dedication and excellence in their teaching responsibilities.
Eligibility & Requirements
Both domestic and international TAs are encouraged to apply. Applicants must:
- Have received excellent teaching evaluations.
- Have a minimum of two semesters of TA experience at Cornell.
- Be currently enrolled on a full-time basis.
Recipients receive a $500 award in recognition of their exceptional achievements in teaching.
Applications are reviewed, and decisions made, once an academic year. Upcoming dates for the 2018-2019 year will be forthcoming.
Step 1: Fill Out Application Packet
You will be asked to include the following information:
- Cover letter that highlights teaching experiences at Cornell and all eligibility requirements for the award (not to exceed two pages).
- List of courses taught that includes details of associated responsibilities (teaching, grading, course development, review sessions, office hours, etc.).
- Student evaluations for two semesters (does not count towards the overall application page limit).
- Teaching CV that highlights teaching experiences, teaching awards, and related professional development experiences (not to exceed two pages).
- Teaching philosophy statement (not to exceed two pages).
- Letters of recommendation completed by faculty members of record for courses taught (to be sent under separate cover, to email@example.com).
- Letter(s) of support from former student(s). These can be included in the package or sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org (Limit of three letters).
Optional components that may be included:
- Course syllabus, one that the applicant has developed or would like to develop.
- Sample assignments, sample student work, observation reports, etc.
- Evidence of participation in teaching-related programs offered at Cornell University (departmental TA training, Knight Institute training, Center-sponsored program, etc.).
Step 2: Final Application
Submit the completed application as a single PDF document no more than 20 pages in length to email@example.com.
Questions about the application process should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.