New Faculty Programs & Resources
New Faculty Teaching Academy
The New Faculty Teaching Academy offers a newly-designed series of programs to accelerate new faculty teaching success during their first few years at Cornell. Sequenced over 3 years with a time commitment of 8–14 hours per year, the Academy gives new faculty opportunities to design ready-to-use teaching materials, discuss best practices in teaching, receive feedback on their teaching, and develop strategies for inclusive teaching in diverse classrooms.
Additional CTI Programs
- Mid Semester Feedback Program
- Teaching and Learning in the Diverse Classroom
- Classroom Observation Program
- Course Design Institute
- Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
- Other Institute Offerings at CTI
Resources to support you
New Teacher's Guide
If you are new to teaching at Cornell, the New Teacher's Guide will connect you to all the resources - from a syllabus template to setting up Canvas, from inclusive teaching practices to tips for providing feedback - you might need to get started.
Teaching at Cornell Guide
For a more complete, careful consideration of the key aspects of teaching and learning at Cornell, the Teaching at Cornell guide walks you through the essential elements of inclusive and engaging teaching practices.
Center for Teaching Innovation (CTI)
- Email questions or request a consult at email@example.com.
- Attend our online drop-in hours (hosted on Zoom)
- See all services that we offer on our Center for Teaching Innovation website
Find information on Canvas and other learning technologies