Design for Online Institute
What is the Design for Online Institute?
The Design for Online Institute is a one-day, in-person institute in which participants explore the best practices in online learning and create an effective online course plan. Participants will have the opportunity to meet individually with consultants by appointment after the institute.
Who can attend?
The institute is open to Cornell faculty and instructors. It is capped at 20 participants.
When is the Institute?
Date: Tuesday, June 16, 2020
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm (breakfast available at 8:30am)
Recognize best practices to online learning:
- reflect on the differences between face-to-face and online learning
- deconstruct the online learning experience to identify the benefits and obstacles
- explore good practices in online teaching and learning
Create an effective online course plan:
- identify learning theories that may inform course design
- relate an instructional design model to the course design process
- write learning outcomes
- describe formative and summative assessments
- select active learning, motivation, and inclusion strategies
- align assessment, strategies, and objectives/outcomes
Application Process & Deadline
Registration link is forthcoming.