Design for Online Institute
What is the Design for Online Institute?
The Design for Online Institute is a one-day, in-person institute in which participants explore the best practices in online learning and create an effective online course plan. Participants will have the opportunity to meet individually with consultants by appointment after the institute.
The CTI is also opening an asynchronous Design for Online Course, completely online, which offers participants a more in-depth, step-by-step guide to building your online course. Find out more about the Design for Online Course.
Who can attend?
Both the online course and in-person institute are open to Cornell faculty and instructors. The in-person institute is capped at 20 participants.
When is the Institute?
Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm (breakfast available at 8:30am)
Recognize best practices to online learning:
- Reflect on the differences between face-to-face and online learning
- Deconstruct the online learning experience to identify the benefits and obstacles
- Explore good practices in online teaching and learning
Create an effective online course plan:
- Identify learning theories that may inform course design
- Relate an instructional design model to the course design process
- Write learning outcomes
- Describe formative and summative assessments
- Select active learning, motivation, and inclusion strategies
- Align assessment, strategies, and objectives/outcomes
Application Process & Deadline
Registration link is forthcoming.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about this event or for assistance with the application.
Please note that there may be photographers from the Center at the in-person event. The photos may appear on the CTI website or on our Twitter page. Contact email@example.com if you do not wish to be photographed.