Workshops & Webinars
Below you will find all the workshops and webinars CTI has produced on teaching strategies and resources. Also, we include workshops on learning technologies such as Canvas, Ally, and Poll Everywhere.
These workshops explore specific strategies instructors can implement in the classroom to enhance student engagement and make the learning experience more dynamic.
- What works: Classroom polling ideas to engage students - Spring '22
- FeedbackFruits: Peer learning and group evaluation use cases - Spring '22
- FeedbackFruits: Strategies to improve student peer feedback - Spring '22
These hands-on workshops provide training in using specific tools (e.g. Canvas, Poll Everywhere, etc.) with a special focus on using them to create engaging, student-centered course content.
- Getting started in Canvas - Spring '22
- Getting started with Poll Everywhere - Spring '22
- Ed Discussion - Spring '22
- Using Hypothesis for social annotation - Spring '22
- Gradescope workshops - Spring '22
- Poll Everywhere - Canvas Grade connection
- Peer reviews and collaboration with FeedbackFruits
- Ally training workshop
- Tips & best practices for online exams using the Canvas Quiz tool
- Teaching with Zoom
Staff & course administrator workshops & webinars
These workshops and webinars are designed to help train course administrators and faculty who will be responsible for Canvas course development or ensuring the accessibility of online content.
This series of previously recorded workshops can help you create engaging, student-centered courses in online learning environments.
- Making course materials accessible
- Building community in online spaces
- Active learning in online spaces
What works for online teaching
Faculty colleagues share successful online teaching ideas. Hosted by CTI, these faculty conversations are designed to help instructors identify strategies that colleagues have used successfully and find simple ways to improve the teaching and learning experience.
Click the links below for more information on each webinar, including recordings (note: the Assessment workshops were not recorded - please contact CTI about ideas for assessment)
- Collaboration: ideas for online group assignments
- Engaging Students: ideas for active learning online
- Assessment: ideas for equitable online assessment
- Building Community: ideas for reaching all students online