Workshops & Webinars
Below you will find all the workshops and webinars CTI has produced on teaching strategies and resources. Also, we include workshops on learning technologies such as Canvas, Ally, and Poll Everywhere.
Select from the categories below to explore the related workshops and recordings. Click on a workshop title to display its description, scheduling, registration links, and any recordings (where available).
- Online Teaching: Learn about useful teaching strategies and tools for implementing them in online courses
- Teaching Tools: These workshops explore Canvas, Poll Everywhere, Zoom, Gradescope, Ed Discussion, Hypothesis, & Ally (this section also includes workshops for course administrators and teaching support staff)
To help you create engaging, student-centered courses, we have prepared a series of online workshops to guide you in developing your courses.
- Making Course Materials Accessible
- Building Community in Online Spaces
- Active Learning in Online Spaces
What Works for Online Teaching
Faculty colleagues share successful online teaching ideas. Hosted by CTI, these faculty conversations are designed to help instructors identify strategies that colleagues have used successfully and find simple ways to improve the teaching and learning experience.
Click the links below for more information on each webinar, including recordings (note: the Assessment workshops were not recorded - please contact CTI about ideas for assessment)
- Collaboration: ideas for online group assignments
- Engaging Students: ideas for active learning online
- Assessment: ideas for equitable online assessment
- Building Community: ideas for reaching all students online
These hands-on workshops provide training in using specific tools (e.g. Canvas, Poll Everywhere, or Ally) with a special focus on using them to create engaging, student-centered course content.
- Getting Started in Canvas (offered Fall '21)
- Getting Started with Poll Everywhere (offered Fall '21)
- Teaching with Zoom
- Delivering and Grading Assignments with Gradescope (offered Fall '21)
- Ed Discussion (offered Fall '21)
- Hypothesis (offered Fall '21)
- Tips & Best Practices for Online Exams Using the Canvas Quiz Tool
- Accessibility Tools
- Learning Technology Pilot Program
Staff & Course Administrator Webinars
These webinars are designed to help train course administrators and faculty who will be responsible for Canvas course development or ensuring the accessibility of online content.