Faculty Institute for Diversity
What is the Faculty Institute for Diversity?
The Faculty Institute for Diversity (FID) is a multi-day retreat with Cornell faculty members and program representatives, outside experts, and CTI staff. Transform your course by reflecting on various aspects of diversity through readings and facilitated discussions. Connect with fellow institute participants throughout the year to discuss progress towards transforming your courses.
Who can attend?
Cornell faculty who are interested in creating or revising a course that emphasizes teaching and learning in a diverse classroom. Faculty from all disciplines are welcome and encouraged to participate.
When is FID?
Date: FID will be offered in both January and June. Institute dates are:
- Wednesday, January 16–Thursday, January 17, 2019
- Tuesday, June 4-Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Time: To be determined
- Reflect on various aspects of diversity through readings and discussions.
- Engage in an ongoing community of peers to work through transforming individual courses.
- Create or revise a course syllabus that reflects a diverse classroom.
- Apply insights and/or materials from the institute to individual teaching.
Application Process & Deadline
Complete the Faculty Institute for Diversity application. A link to the application will be forthcoming.
Contact email@example.com for questions about this event or for assistance with the application.
Please note that there may be photographers from the Center at this event. The photos may appear on the CTI website or on our Twitter page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to be photographed.