Faculty Institute for Diversity
What is the Faculty Institute for Diversity?
The two-day Faculty Institute for Diversity offers an opportunity for an interdisciplinary peer-group of faculty to transform a course through the lens of diversity and inclusion. Explore a five-dimensional framework that invites entry from all disciplinary perspectives: consider who you are, who you teach, how you teach, what you teach, and how this influences the learning environment. By the end of this institute, participants create an action plan for next semester’s teaching.
Who may apply?
Any faculty who teach credit-bearing, semester-long courses at Cornell may apply. Faculty from all disciplines are welcome and encouraged to participate.
When is the Faculty Institute for Diversity?
Dates: while we are working remotely, we are offering the Faculty Learning Community for Inclusive Teaching in place of the Faculty Institute for Diversity.
Time: see learning community information page
- explore frameworks to prepare for inclusive teaching
- reflect on identity and diversity in the classroom: Who are you? Who are Cornell students?
- explore selected evidence-based pedagogical strategies to create and sustain inclusive learning environments
- engage with peers to transform a course
- create or revise a course that responds to and engages a diverse classroom
Application Process & Deadline
Please visit the Faculty Learning Community on Inclusive Teaching to register.
Contact the CTI with any questions about this event or for assistance with the application.