Faculty Institute for Diversity
What is the Faculty Institute for Diversity?
The two-day Faculty Institute for Diversity offers an opportunity to work with an interdisciplinary peer-group to explore how to create and support an inclusive learning environment. A four-point framework invites entry from all disciplinary perspectives: Consider who you are, who you teach, how you teach, and what you teach. By the end of this institute, you will have had the chance to transform a course through the lens of diversity and inclusion and will have created an action plan for next semester’s teaching.
Who can attend?
Cornell faculty who are interested in creating or revising a course that emphasizes teaching and learning in a diverse classroom. Faculty from all disciplines are welcome and encouraged to participate.
When is FID?
Date: FID will be offered in both January and June. Institute dates are:
- Wednesday, January 16–Thursday, January 17, 2019
- Tuesday, June 4-Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Reflect on various aspects of diversity through readings and discussions.
- Engage in an ongoing community of peers to work through transforming individual courses.
- Create or revise a course syllabus that reflects a diverse classroom.
- Apply insights and/or materials from the institute to individual teaching.
Application Process & Deadline
Contact email@example.com for questions about this event or for assistance with the application.
Please note that there may be photographers from the Center at this event. The photos may appear on the CTI website or on our Twitter page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to be photographed.